GEAR UP Georgia - Priority Model
Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness for Undergraduate Programs
GEAR UP Georgia Priority Model has supported high school and first year college students between 2016 and 2023, that have experienced homelessness or the foster care system as they worked to achieve their college and career goals.
The GEAR UP Georgia team salutes the final graduating class of 2022 on their accomplishments! Please utilize our resources on this site to guide you!
Students in our pre-approved, 14 county school districts were eligible for free resources that included:
- access to 24/7 virtual tutoring
- virtual near-peer mentoring
- ACT/SAT/ASVAB prep courses
- access to a robust scholarship search engine and one-on-one scholarship search/essay writing support
- Sponsorships for summer school, credit recovery and college/career focused summer camps
- connections to additional resources and networking through your first year of college.
- One-on-one weekly (virtual) or bi-weekly (in-person) tailored college access advisement
- FAFSA Completion incentives, events and assistance
- Hands on Career Exploration events
- College Tours (virtual and in-person)
- GEAR UP collegiate club and leadership opportunities